Monday, April 28, 2008

Be Like A Child

What does that mean to me? To be like a child means so many things. First of all children love to play and the children I know can make a game out of anything. The family room sofa is a ship floating in the sea, or maybe it's not a ship but a big rock and there is hot lava all around but if you are on the sofa you are not burned. The sofa keeps you safe from many things like aligators, snakes, sharks, and so much more. Ask the child in your life what it keeps you safe from. They will know, I bet.
Also to be like a child is to be unconditionally loving. Children give love so easily. Think what a difference it would make if adults would go through life like that. Not judging but instead forgiving.
Children are not afraid to try new things. They don't care what others think, yet. Children like to skip down the sidewalk instead of walking. They want to play hopscotch and jump rope. Have you jumped rope lately? They love to create art. I've watched my grandchildren create many drawings and paintings. They didn't care if "It was good" they knew it was. Every one was to be put on the fridge for all to see. But if by some unexplained reason they found their masterpiece in the trash they knew it was a mistake and got it out for you to put on the fridge, again.
One simple pleasure I have had is at times to sing to my grandchildren as they fall asleep at bedtime. I'm not a singer. But they don't care. They love granny to sing to them. I've gotten over the worry about my voice and now I don't care what I sound like. That's the way children are.
We are all wonderful and perfect the way we are. God loves us just the way we are. Children know this. I know this.

No comments: